Helpful Tips on Caring for Your Chamilia Jewelry
Thank you for choosing Chamilia jewelry. Chamilia Jewelry is made with .925 sterling silver. All sterling silver jewelry will tarnish over time, but you may reduce the effects of tarnishing by following the below listed tips to keep your sterling silver jewelry sparkling and beautiful.
How to Care for Your Chamilia Jewelry
- We recommend using a jewelry polishing cloth on a regular basis to help prevent the natural tarnishing process. Chamilia polishing cloths are available for purchase here at Chamila.com
- You can also clean your jewelry using mild soapy water and a soft bristle brush. Wet the brush with the soapy water and gently scrub your jewelry, while being careful not to remove the oxidized finish in the recessed areas.
- Avoid using silver polish or silver dips. The chemicals contained in these products may remove the oxidized finish in your jewelry.
- We recommend not wearing your jewelry while bathing (hot tubs), swimming (pools, ocean) or during sporting activities.
- Exposing your jewelry to harsh chemicals, cleaning agents and perspiration will accelerate the tarnishing process and should be avoided when possible.
- If you wear lotions, makeup or perfume, put your jewelry on after application of such products and only once the product is dry.
- Chamilia Blush – To help this unique blush color keep its beautiful shine, simply polish with a soft cloth. The cloth can be dampened with a mild soapy solution and then gently rubbed over the jewelry. Rinse with clean water and then gently dry with a soft cloth. Do not use the Chamilia polishing cloth or any silver cleaning products to clean your Chamilia Blush jewelry.
How to Store Your Chamilia Jewelry
- Choose a cool, dark, dry storage place. It is important to store away your jewelry immediately after wearing.
- Plastic zip lock bags are an easy and effective way to store your jewelry. Close the bag halfway and squeeze out all the air before sealing. For best results, use bags made with Mylar or polyethylene, such as food grade plastic bags.
- Store each piece of jewelry separately.
- Keep clasps and closures unhooked.